I was looking forward to this day for a long time.
Even thought I knew this version had bugs, it is playable (at least I’ve been able to play it without problems), I just wanted to release the new features that had been waiting in my Xcode project for some months.
Some known bugs:
– Kipos might stop sleeping if the app is closed completely (with the X in the task manager) or if shut down by iOS.
– When loading the game, if Kipos were sleeping, they might fail to set their sprite to the sleeping one.
– Old bugs or unfinished features.
Enjoy the new features, and let me know if anything goes wrong! :)
I just submitted Kipos 1.4.5 to the App Store, and it is now waiting for review. Usually it takes one week for it to get reviewed. So, if there isn’t any complain by Apple about the update, it should be on the App Store soon. Here’s the change log:
Thanks for your patience! Here’s the update:
New features in 1.4.5:
– You can choose any color for your Kipos with the new Color Picker, even for your existing Kipos. And doing so doesn’t cost any coins.
– New Report Bug panel. Your save data is also sent to me. This will help me debugging bugs.
– A brand new Creature Info Panel. You are going to love it. :)
– You can now set your creatures to sleep during X hours.
– Fixed visual bug with Food Bowls’ collision box.
– Kipos needs’ adjustments and bug fixes. Their stats will not decrease so fast, but they will still interact as much, even if they don’t really need to satisfy a need.
– Fences are now untouchable, so objects near them are easier to select.
– Kipos have dream bubbles. You can send me drawings, and they might become Kipos’ dreams in future versions. :)
– You can listen to your own music while playing Kipos; your music will not stop playing when opening Kipos.
– Kipos Lobby: an online garden you can visit with one of your Kipos. You can chat and play minigames with other people connected to the garden.
– Food Bowls change their color to their assigned Kipo.
– Added a new ads system: Chartboost. Users who have the StarterPack won’t see the ads.
– Other bug fixes.
– Eggs and breeding.
– Relationships and conversations.
– Usability improvements for Voice Over users, such as an – AutoPlace button.
– More minigames.
If you enjoy the game, please, consider supporting it via getting an StarterPack! :)
Lately I’ve been quite busy with college and projects. I will be giving a course at college next week, so I expect to be available starting on July 13th.
A few remaining aspects must be polished before releasing the next update. I really hope it’s available on the App Store this month. I’m not giving any date, so it will be a surprise.
I also want to thank all the fans who make me smile every time I read one of the comments or reviews they leave me. Thanks!