- Last weekend I participated in the Global Game Jam 13. Our team didn’t have a proper 3D modeller/animator, so we did what we could with Unity3D. You can check it here.
- Biribit is already working. A player can sing up and add/delete friends. Some features are left to add, like Messaging. This is going to be huge.
- I attended two workshops, one about Unity3D and the other about cocos2D. I also attended a cocos2D-X presentation. They both are viable choices for creating multiplayer cross-platform games. I’m thinking about porting Kipos to cocos2D-X.
- Some Kipos features that are top priority on my list: Biribit implementation, Breeding&Relations, more interaction with the Kipos, add a new breed, more multiplayer features.
I’ve recently added more questions and answers to the FAQ, be sure to check them out, they might solve your doubts or issues. If they not, try leaving the question as a comment!
One year. One year since Kipos was first released on the App Store.
It has been a very fun and challenging year. Thanks to all the players, specially those who supported the game, gave feedback, reviews, suggestions… It really made a difference. :)
Some stats about Kipos:
- More than 30,000 downloads so far!
- Over 1,000 updates since last version release, one week ago.
- Over 80 StarterPacks sold since November!
- Over 100,000 apples eaten!
Expect an app update around February, and maybe an update for That’s My Gift for late January.
Enjoy the game! :)
What a great week start, Kipos 1.4 has finally been released! Everyone should be able to download/update it from the App Store by now.
For the next update I have already some features on my mind:
· Finish the Environment Need functionality.
· Provisional accounts/profiles for Kipos players. With a profile you will be able to sync your game’s data between your devices, earn coins when playing “That’s My Gift” and redeem codes for content.
· Host/Join feature for “That’s My Gift!”.
· A section in the status bar that tells you how many players are online on “That’s My Gift!”, the multiplayer mini game. It will also prompt a small notification when someone creates a game/match; when you start a “That’s My Gift!” match and you are waiting for someone to join, everyone playing Kipos will get a small notification, so it’s more likely that you find someone to play with! (You can disable the notification feature)
· New objects for the Shop.
These following months I specially want to focus on adding more content/objects to the game’s Shop. Decorative items are much more easier to add, as I don’t need to mess with much coding. Do you have any suggestion for an object for the Shop, or anything else for the game? Please, leave it as comment, and I will think about it!
Thanks for playing Kipos!